The snow levels fluctuated throughout the night but never climbed above 7500 ft. At 8200 ft. at high camp and up we picked up 38 more inches of snow between Saturday and Sunday morning. That brings the 4 day total to 5 feet. Down in the village we picked up a half inch of slush with a rain and snow mix. That should change today with the last system moving in with some colder air that should drop snow levels to the base.
The latest NAM forecast model has 2+ inches of liquid over the basin between 4 a.m. this morning and 7 a.m. Monday, and 3+ inches along the crest. If it does turn to snow this morning down to base level we could see 6-12 inches by Monday morning. Above 7000 ft. we could see another 1-2 feet, and above 8000 feet we could pick up another 2-3 feet by Monday morning. That would bring storm totals into the 7+ foot range up top.
The precip looks to taper off prett quickly on Monday morning with drying conditions through Tuesday. Another Series of storms will impact the Pacific NW directing another moisture plume just to our North Wednesday through Friday. Current forecast model runs keep us on the Southern edge with a chance for light rain and high elevation snow. The Canadian model keeps all of the precip to our North.
Next weekend we could still see a colder system bring light to moderate amounts of snow. The GFS and European forecast models are still showing a week to moderate system diving down from the Gulf of Alaska with colder air Saturday into Sunday.
Looking at the long-range the GFS and European forecast models still hint at trying to push a weak system in around the 18th, but a better chance may be around the 20th as the models try to dig a cold trough along the West Coast. The ridge looks like it may retrograde and setup North of Hawaii the last week of the month into March with a trough setting up along the West Coast. That would be the next chance for stronger storms and colder weather it happens.